28 May, 2017

Bill Ingram – WWII Veteran video blog

Posted on 10 January, 2012 by in ,

Here is a video from Larry Martin describing some of WWII veteran Bill Ingram’s amazing stories. He was a prisoner of the Japanese for 3 and half years and was forced into labor on the infamous Burma/Thailand Railroad project.

Let us know what you think of this amazing story. More videos will be coming soon. We also welcome any questions about the second world war and/or the veterans Larry has interviewed. They will be answered as a part of our WWII video series and you will find them here.

Tags: ,

11 Responses to “Bill Ingram – WWII Veteran video blog”

1. fran burbary 15 October 2013 at 4:18 pm #

Larry my brother HankHenry) Ameel died recently and I wonder if you could share your interview of July 23,2012 with me.
    Thank you for what you do.

• Larry 14 December 2013 at 2:26 am #

Hello Fran,

I just saw this email today that you sent to me on Oct. 15th. The librarian emailed me about Hank’s passing. I was sorry to hear the news. I had just talked to Hank about a month before his passing. I did a interview with his friend Hugh Winnell at Hanks house overlooking Petoskey bay. What a beautiful home Hank had. Will you write me at Larry@lmww2com or call me in Michigan after the 19th of Dec. when I will be back home from Florida. I am not sure how much film I have of Hank. I look forward to hearing from you. Larry

• Larry 3 January 2014 at 12:08 pm #

Hello Fran,

I sent you a email but it was long after you had written, which my not replying to right away was because I did not see your email. I had talked to Hank just before his passing in Petoskey. Write so we can talk about Hank. He had invited me up to his home but I was not able to get up there quick enough. I have the interview with his friend Hugh Winnell if you would like it.

Larry

• Larry 22 May 2014 at 3:57 am #

Hello Fran,

I tried to contact you after I received this email from you but got no response. If you are still interested please contact me on my website or Larry@lmww2.com I hope to hear from you soon.

Larry

• Larry 31 August 2014 at 1:14 am #

Hello Fran,

I do have some film of Hank if you want to contact me use Larry@Lmww2.com

Larry

2. John R. Ingram 11 March 2014 at 5:25 pm #

Bill Ingram is my Uncle. He wanted to be on the Houston to be with his brother Robert.
    He opened his home and heart to me when I joined the Nsvy in ’67 just prior to my Vietnam Service on the USS Robert K Huntington DD781.

• Larry 13 March 2014 at 4:17 am #

Hello John,

I was in the Navy from 66-70. I have been to Bill’s home twice and enjoyed both visits. I have about three hours of DVD film of him about the USS Houston. I also just interviewed another Houston survivor named Sizemore. I knew about Robert, can you imagine being their parents and having both sons POW of the Japanese. Keep in touch.

Larry

• Larry 26 October 2016 at 11:54 pm #

Hi John,

I know we have not communicated much but, I was wondering if Bill Ingram is ok?? I have called him in Jacksonville but not gotten a answer. Please write back with answer. He is 92 now if he is ok.

Larry

• chantal ingram warner 11 November 2016 at 8:54 am #

just to let you know dad is doing great getting around a little slower (due to age) but he is fine

3. chantal ingram warner 11 November 2016 at 8:55 am #

dad is doing great still crazy

• Larry 11 November 2016 at 11:00 pm #

Hello Chantal,

I just found these emails that you wrote to me, thank you for taking time to answer since I was getting concerned. I have since spoke to Bill on the phone. He sounds great just like the same old Bill. Keep me posted if anything new if that is okay with you.

Larry